Find me here:
- Garrett Gibbons – Director, Editor, Photographer – Demo Reel 2013
- Apple is abandoning pros. Who will replace Apple?
- The Moral Responsibility of a Media Creator
- Young Adult fiction book trailer: Stelladaur
- RA Scion – Guttersnipe Bridge (Official Music Video)
- The 500 LED workhorse location light
- 2012: A year in photography
- Macklemore & Ryan Lews hit Billboard at #2 with their album “The Heist”
- “Go” by Theoretics
- Chinatown Strut
Tag Archives: canon
A movie trailer inspired by the epic German game by Klaus Teuber, The Settlers of Catan.
Made with a Canon 7D, 17-40 f/4L & 70-200 f/4L lenses, Glidetrack SD, Tripod, a handful of lights, a beautiful and wonderful wife. Trajan Pro font. Royalty-free music by Video Copilot. Explosions sounds by my my mouth and a microphone and more Video Copilot sounds.
UPDATE: Due to a rainy forecast, the workshop has been moved to the Seattle Center House! Meet at the North entrance to the Center House, which is on the end closer to the fountain and football field.
- Meet at the North Entrance.
- 2pm: Video Workshop
- 3pm: Photo Workshop
- end time: when everyone’s done
Video Workshop: Better 60p Slow-motion
Starting at 2pm at the Seattle Center House, Garrett Gibbons will be leading a shoot and discussion about better using the 60p function of recent DSLR cameras for slow-motion.
Our special guests will be breakdancers from the Flying Sneakers Cru, who are coming to battle and break it down so we can have some sweet footage. Make sure to check out their performances and Garrett’s slow-motion work on the 7D in the Victor Shade “Soothsayer” music video.
Around 3pm at Seattle Center, Jake Chapman will lead a workshop on fashion and wedding photography, emphasizing fusion techniques unique to HDSLRs. Jake’s one-light strobe photography is practical, versatile and gorgeous.
Bring your strobes, a flash trigger if you have one, or just a pair of listening ears. Your photography will improve as you work through lighting solutions with Jake and the group.
Bring friends and spread the word!